Our practical outreach involves raising awareness, prayer support, fundraising for the prisoners and visiting them when possible. We also set aside time during our annual visit to Thailand to engage with the released prisoner community.
In the past a team visited Bangkok and surrounding areas. Currently, visits happen mainly in Isaan. Prisons in Bangkok receive support from a number of other organisations. Our expansion to Isaan was motivated by the lack of support for prisoners in the north-eastern part of Thailand.
- The area of Isaan comprises of 20 provinces and is one of the most unreached areas of the Good News in the world. The team from Brisbane visits prisons in this area each year.
- The Thai team visit 7 local prisons when possible.
- The Gideons have been instrumental in providing us with Thai/English Bibles to take into each of the prisons we visit.
- The training and discipling of leaders in the churches are essential in maintaining the spiritual growth and health of the church behind bars.
- Each trip provides the opportunity to bring the Gospel to those who have not heard it before.
- Requests for baptism and communion are also increasing as well as prayer for the sick.
True life is lived when tiny changes occur
– Leo Tolstoy